Before we start we often have goals that we have to achieve. We share information about these at the start and then we try to expand these by asking children and young people about:
- Issues in their daily lives – and connecting these to our goals
- Their hopes, dreams or concerns – and just follow these
- Their feelings about places and spaces where they live or the people they connect to – and think about what we could make happen together
We also try to share information about opportunities to make things change:
- Influence law and policy through local, national and international consultation
- Inspire audiences through performance and exhibition opportunities
- Inform current planning decisions and service developments
- Engage with communities through cocreated events
- Guide monitoring and inspections
Once we have a shared understanding of goals and opportunities for change we choose priorities together. We know that some goals are harder to achieve than others. So together we have to decide whether to achieve smaller steps or try to leap towards harder goals.
If we can’t work on some issues, we can post them on the UC=MC2 discussion board.