Tell us your advice on doing participation activities –
what worked well, what you enjoy, what is inclusive?
– we set up a representative youth forum of young people in Redbridge to advise us on improving our advice system for young people
– we have given young people volunteering opportunities on the project, including graphic design, legal research, marketing research and social media working group participation
– we have created four positions for young people on Universal Credit in communications, research and advocacy, training and advising roles
– we have done extensive data and interview research into improving our outreach and engagement with young people in our community
– we were aided in all of this by the Child Friendly Redbridge initiative which helped promote and put us in contact with relevant partners in the community
What do you try to change?- we are applying for grants to find a package/workshop sessions to provide financial management resources to vulnerable (first, then other) young people in Redbridge who have expressed a need for this help - we are exploring making our service hours more flexible - we are recruiting Kickstarters with a view to better outreach into the community and to have a young person full-time to advise any young clients